Tweet

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

I WON'T PLAY YOUR GAME ANYMORE - with lyrics

i


I won't play
Won't play your game anymore
Knocking on the bankers door
Trying to find my face on the floor
Where your teller wrote my name

It must be
A financial fallacy
That nothing grows from trees
That you'll ever get what you need
At the five and ten

(bridge)  It's not you
It's not your name
It's not the truth
It's just a game
Frightened people play

I won't play
Can't take your phony disguise
What you hide underneath those eyes
Can you say?

A fire is burning at the break of day
Everything will pass away
Your silk suit
And your pictures from the holidays

I won't play
I've seen it all before
That hungry dog you keep behind your door
Not gonna feed it anymore
There's just no way


I won't play
Going to the further shore
Far from the smoldering war
Those restless shadows on the floor
They'll have to pay

(Instru)

I won't play
Won't play your game anymore
Knocking on the bankers door
Trying to find my face on the floor
Where your teller wrote my name

It must be a financial fallacy
That nothing grows from trees
That you'll ever get what you need
At the five and ten

It's no you
It's not your name
It's not the truth
It's just a game
Hungry people play.





(C)1990-2017 by W.G. Milne and John
      Rock Corporation.  All rights reserved.